Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) are Advanced Practice Nurses who Provide Quality Anesthesia Care and Services.
CANA, Inc., The Professional Organization for CRNAs in California
- Provides patient information about anesthesia and related health care services
- Monitors CRNA practice and health care legislation
- Works with lawmakers and regulatory agencies in its government relations activities
- Consults with educational institutions that graduate CRNAs
- Provides current educational information for CRNAs in practice
- Promotes partnerships with the community and other health care professionals to provide quality health care for all Californians.
- Vision Statement
- CANA: The definitive source of leadership, advocacy and education for the CRNAs of California.
CANA advances patient safety, fosters access to the highest quality
anesthesia and supports the nurse anesthesia profession in California.
CRNAs: The solution for a healthier California
Advocacy, Integrity, Professionalism, Quality
The history of CANA dates back to 1931. CRNAs possess the knowledge, professionalism and skills that California’s
rapidly changing health care market requires and demands as it moves through the 21st century.
CANA Office: 1.415.610.8499
CANA Fax: 1.415.764.4915
CANA Association Manager
575 Market Street, Suite 400
San Francisco, California 94105
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM PST